In what has been a strange and challenging year we are making sure to celebrate the wins when they come! As awards season 2020 comes to a close, we are humbled to have won 36 accolades this year!
World Beer Awards 2020
Thirty of our awards were at the World Beer Awards, twenty-six of which were in the fiercely contested Taste category. Our beers were judged alongside over 2,200 beers from more than 50 countries worldwide. The remaining accolades were in the Design category, collaborating with Greenhouse to create eye-catching, and now award-winning, packaging for our exciting range of beers.
Our biggest awards were for:
- World’s Best Stout for McGargles Sean’s Export Stout
- World’s Best Imperial/Double IPA for McGargles Dan’s Double IPA
- World’s Best American Style IPA for Rye River Seasonal Miami J
- World’s Best American Wheat for The Crafty Brewing Company American Style Wheat Ale
Ireland’s Best Lager Helles/Münchner is another accolade we received for our Rye River label Helles Lager.
To top it off, we won 2 Gold Medals, 11 Silver Medals and 7 Bronze Medals. This is our best performance (so far!) at the World Beer Awards and for the second consecutive year we are The Most Decorated Independent Craft Brewery in the World.
Founder and Managing Director Tom Cronin had this to say: “We are elated with our success at the 2020 World Beer Awards, in particular, our 4 Best in Style awards, including Best American Style IPA for the second consecutive year. I believe our success is driven by our dedicated team of brewers and the wider production team, our persistent pursuit of perfection in process and our uncompromising focus on quality, all of which culminate to deliver consistently exceptional beers. Our accomplishments at the 2020 WBAs have acted as a significant endorsement for our beers on the international craft beer stage.”
Blas na hEireann 2020
Shortly after the World Beer Awards, our winning streak continued at Blas na hEireann. We were awarded 5 further accolades for our retail exclusive brands;
- Gold Winner: Grafters Working Day IPA, exclusively brewed for Dunnes Stores
- Silver Winner: The Crafty Brewing Company American Style Brown Ale, exclusively brewed for Lidl Ireland
- Silver Winner: The Crafty Brewing Company Lager, exclusively brewed for Lidl Ireland
- Bronze Winner: Solas Irish Red Ale, exclusively brewed for Tesco Ireland
- Bronze Winner: The Crafty Brewing Company Stout, exclusively brewed for Lidl Ireland
Great Taste Awards 2020
Just recently we were awarded 1 Star at the Great Taste Awards for Solas Belgian White, exclusively brewed for Tesco Ireland.
2020 has been our most successful to date and it highlights the skill and dedication of our wonderful team. Never complacent though, we’ve already got our eyes on the prizes for next year!