We are looking to add a Brewery Quality Assurance Technician to join our Rye River Brewing Co. team here in Celbridge, Co. Kildare.
The Quality Assurance Technician’s full-time position will be responsible for the Rye River Brewing Co. Quality Assurance Program. The primary responsibilities of the Brewery QA Tech will be to execute daily laboratory tasks and related work while working closely with other supported departments to service ongoing product quality and production goals and reporting to the Head Brewer.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sample collection, preparation, analysis, and reporting in supported brewing processes
- Preparation, monitoring, and analysis of various microbiological testing media(s)
- Data collection and entry, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and trending of QA/QC data
- Maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and coordinate field service for laboratory instrumentation
- Assist with sensory analysis of beer in multiple stages of production
- Assist all departments with monitoring of product and packaged product
- Assist development & lead execution of required QA and QC housekeeping functions
- Clear, professional communication with supported departments and stakeholders
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary, to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Computer Skills – Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and effectively interpret documents. Ability to effectively communicate with customers or employees.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to generate graphs and trends from collected data. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Required Education and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or a related field with equivalent experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications & Other Duties
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have 1+ year laboratory in QA experience in a food and beverage production environment strongly preferred.
- Have knowledge of the aseptic technique, cleaning and sanitation, preventative maintenance, record keeping, and laboratory information systems experience strongly preferred.
- Have experience with laboratory instrumentation and techniques (digital balances, pH meter, spectrophotometer, autoclave, microscope/optics, pipetting, dilutions, etc.).
- Have previous brewing knowledge and/or experience, passion for craft beer and brewing.
- Be highly self-motivated, have good time-management and prioritization skills.
Location: Rye River Brewing Co., Celbridge, Co. Kildare.
Salary: Depending on experience.
The closing date for applications for this role is Monday 11 July 2022. Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.