Introducing our next Rye River Seasonal release, one that has been in the making since March of this year and one that we are burning with fire to share with you all… Say hello to Embers, our Añejo Barrel Aged Wheat Wine!
We mashed one tonne of Oak Smoked Wheat into this wheat wine. It’s basically a Grodzizkie dialled up to 11, but we didn’t stop there. We aged Embers an additional 6 months in freshly emptied Añejo tequila barrels, bringing forth sweetness and notes of citrus, vanilla, raisin and earth. We are stoked to finally share Embers with you!
If you’re wondering where to find Embers, you’re in the right place! Here’s a handy list of stockists where you’ll be able to find it right now.
- SuperValu Leixlip
- Nally’s SuperValu Celbridge
- Pettitt’s SuperValu Wexford
- SuperValu Enniscorthy
- SuperValu St. Aidan’s Wexford
- SuperValu Athy
We’ll be updating this list as Embers rolls out across the country. Let us know what you think when you try it!
The 2021 awards season has truly been an excellent one for us here at Rye River Brewing Co.! Following our outstanding results at the World Beer Awards, our beers were once again put to the (taste) test at the Great Taste Awards in London and the Blas na hÉireann awards in Dingle, Co. Kerry. Curious about the results? Keep reading!
Great Taste 2021 Results
The Great Taste Awards is the world’s largest and most trusted food and drink awards. Organised by the Guild of Fine Foods, the Great Taste Awards supports both large and small food and drink producers across the globe. Great Taste judges look for a variety of qualities when blind-tasting products, including aroma, appearance, texture, and overall quality. Ultimately, awards are based on how great the product tastes and provide consumers a stamp of excellence on products. Learn more about the Great Taste right here.
We’re blown away by our results! This has been our best performance yet at the Great Taste awards and we’re immensely proud of our Rye River team for their continuous hard work and dedication to bringing you the best Rye River beers possible.
Blas na hÉireann 2021 Results
The Irish Food Awards, also known as Blas an hÉireann, celebrate the very best tasting Irish food and drink products from passionate and dedicated producers from all over the country. Products from every county in Ireland are entered with judges blind tasting products from a wide array of food and drink categories.
The Blas na hÉireann awards have the highest recognition amongst Irish consumers for quality Irish products. Curious to learn more? You can visit the Irish Food Awards website for more details!
Taste Our Beers!
Now it’s your turn! Curious where to find our beers? You’re in the right place!
Our Solas range is exclusively brewed for Tesco which you will be able to find in-store and online.
Grafters is exclusively brewed for Dunnes Stores.
And Lidl carries our full range of The Crafty Brewing Co. in stores all across Ireland!
Let us know what you think! Tag us in your photos on social media too if you’re in the sharing mood. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for some great brewery content!
We are ecstatic to announce that we are the world’s most decorated brewery for the second year running! This is a historic achievement for an independent Irish craft brewery and puts us distinctly on the world stage of craft beer.
This year has been another phenomenal year for us here at Rye River Brewing Company, culminating in a total of 31 awards across both beer style and design at the 2021 World Beer Awards. Our range of beers received an incredible 22 awards for taste and 9 for design across our 6 brands. The World Beer Awards are the global awards selecting the very best in all the internationally recognised styles.
A very special thank you to everyone on the Rye River team for all of their incredible hard work, dedication, and commitment to making 2021 another memorable year for us all.
This year our Crafty Brewing Co. American Style Brown Ale won the World’s Best Dark American Style Brown Ale award which is a fantastic accomplishment. We also have a total of 6 country winners (including the Crafty Brewing Co. American Style Brown Ale). This includes our Rye River Brewing Co. Big Bangin’ IPA, 3 of our Rye River Seasonals – Brunch, Belgian Imperial Stout, and Garnet – and finally Dan’s Double IPA from our McGargles range. And finally, we received a total of 8 silver and bronze medals each across our range of beers.
Curious to see the full list of winners? Keep reading!
- The Crafty Brewing Co. American Style Brown Ale – World’s Best Dark American Style Brown Ale
- Rye River Brewing Co. Big Bangin’ IPA – American Style
- McGargles Dan’s Double IPA – Imperial/Double
- Rye River Seasonal Garnet – Wood Aged
- Rye River Seasonal Belgian Imperial Stout – Imperial Stout
- Rye River Seasonal Brunch – Strong Porter
- Silver – Rye River Brewing Co. Hop Drops Citra Extra Pale – American Style Pale Ale
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal High Noon Fruited Sour – Flavoured Wild/Sour
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal The Dropper – American Style Pale Ale
- Silver – Grafters Labour of Love Extra Pale – American Style Pale Ale
- Silver – Grafters Working Day IPA – American Style
- Silver – The Crafty Brewing Co. American Style Pale Wheat Ale – American Style Wheat Beer
- Silver – The Crafty Brewing Co. Irish Lager – Classic Pilsner
- Silver – The Crafty Brewing Co. Red Ale – Amber
- Bronze – Rye River Brewing Co. Lil’ Bangin’ Session IPA – Session
- Bronze – Rye River Brewing Co. Brogue Red Ale – Amber
- Bronze – Rye River Seasonal The Herd Bourbon Barrel Quad – Wood Aged
- Bronze – Rye River Seasonal Miami J Cryo Edition – American Style
- Bronze – Solas Belgian White – Belgian Style Witbier
- Bronze – The Crafty Brewing Co. Irish Craft Stout – Stout
- Bronze – The Crafty Brewing Co. Irish Craft Pale Ale – American Style Pale Ale
- Gold – Rye River Seasonal Miami J Cryo Edition – Can Design
- Gold – Rye River Seasonal High Noon Fruited Sour – Can Design
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal Brunch – Label Design
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal Miami J Cryo Edition- Label Design
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal The Dropper – Label Design
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal Garnet – Label Design
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal High Noon Fruited Sour – Label Design
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal The Dropper – New Launch
- Silver – Rye River Seasonal Garnet – New Launch